We are always looking out for interesting guests for the Crypto Confidence Podcast – could you be one of them? Do you have something to say to our audience?
We are specifically seeking people who can bring to life an aspect of blockchain or crypto in accessible and interesting ways, making the connection with everyday concepts. It’s fine to reference your own projects in this cause of course – but we are definitely not promoting token sales or encouraging investment (we explicitly do not offer financial advice of any kind). Social impact stories are our favourites – how will your project change lives in the future? How will it affect our listeners? What’s really exciting about it?
We welcome interviewees who are new to podcasting, and actively seek diverse voices – no experience is necessary. We’ll position you as our guest expert, in your own niche.
We want to educate and empower everyday consumers to take their first steps in crypto in a safe and informed way – because we believe that this stuff is far too exciting and important to be left to geeks and specialists. We know this is the future, and everyone deserves to understand it and get involved if they want to.
That’s why we created the podcast, to reach new audiences, to educate and inform.
Our target audience is the crypto-curious consumer. They are open to learning more about blockchain and cryptocurrency, but they don’t want to be pitched, and they’re very wary of anything which might look like a scam. They’re not up on all the jargon behind the technology and the space – though we provide a lot of education around this, the most accessible interviews will use everyday language and explanations from first principles.
They are more mature than the average user of crypto, and predominantly US/UK/Europe based (although they could be anywhere). They’re interested in technology and financial services, but in what they could do for them, rather than in how they work.
Our terms (in plain English):
- We don’t presently make any charge for being featured on the Crypto Confidence Podcast (although gifts of anything from tokens to praise to chocolate are always welcomed). If we have a professional relationship (you are currently or previously a client of BlockSparks), we will declare this tranparently to our listeners at the start of the interview.
- In return, we expect you to promote the episode and the podcast to your own audiences and networks, for our mutual benefit – we’ll even give you nice graphics and embed codes to make that easy (please make sure we have a good headshot to use in our graphics, as well as any links and social handles to include in our shownotes and tagging)
- We won’t usually edit your interview other than for audio quality, (unless you cough, swear, stumble etc – and it’s totally fine to say, “can I just repeat that bit!” and we’ll just go again), and we cannot offer you any right of preview or alteration
- We don’t publish statistics about downloads or distribution – our network is growing all the time, as is podcasting in general, and the important thing is that your episode will be up there and downloadable in perpetuity!
- Completing the form below doesn’t guarantee your inclusion in the podcast, in fact even participating in an interview does not. Obviously we wouldn’t expect to waste your time or our own, but there can be emergent circumstances or other factors beyond our control, which means plans change.
- Although we’ll always try to accommodate any product launches or significant moments for you, we also cannot guarantee inclusion on any specific date, or that this won’t be subject to late change.
- If you need fixed dates, editorial control, or other certainties, please use the form below to discuss sponsored content instead – if the content is a fit, we’re open to ideas.
- Your interview remains our intellectual property, to publish as we see fit anywhere/any time, for the common good, and to monetise in the future if we choose. The actual legal terms are at the foot of this page to review*, but it’s important to understand that you speak ‘on the record’ for all time.
- We’ll check you’re happy with everything you said at the end of your recording, and then we’ll get it out into the world.
The technical requirements
We look after as much as we possibly can on our side to make things easy for our guests, but we do really care about the quality of the broadcast, and invest in professional audio editing and content syndication to make it a great experience for our listeners. So in return we kindly ask that you ensure:
- You’re on the best and most stable internet connection you can access
- You use headphones – this is essential, because if any of the audio is coming out of your open speakers, it leaks back into the mic, and creates an unusable feedback echo
- You use a microphone of some kind, the best you can find. You don’t need to have a professional mic, in fact a $20 USB headset fulfills both of these last two points OK – but it’s great if you can access something better. (Please also: 1) plug it in; and 2) ensure that Skype is actually using this device, rather than defaulting to built-in speakers and mic!)
- You find the best noise-free environment possible in which to record. This includes background noise and interruptions, as well as overall acoustic quality. Our audio engineer has this great checklist, please take a look – some elements will be more within your control than others, all we ask is you consider these elements and give us the best you can (without getting hung-up on the details and over-thinking it – we’re aiming for a relaxed and spontaneous conversation at the end of the day)
- You sign out of everything which makes a noise – all those apps and alerts – putting all devices on flight mode is the quickest way to shut it all off (you might even decide you enjoy the silence!)
We will record using Skype, and we’ll take care of all the recording our end. We’ll let you know when we start and stop recording.
Helping Crypto Confidence and your content
In addition to sharing your episode, you can help boost the audience overall by doing all or any of the following – if you want to:
- Subscribe to the feed in your favourite podcasting application
- Give us a 5 star rating
- Write us a review in the same place – this really feeds the hungry algorithms and makes a huge difference. (Send us a screenshot and we’ll be sure to thank you publicly, we might even read it out!)
- Tell your friends about the Crypto Confidence show
- Download and listen to the other episodes (also great preparation for your own participation of course)
- Share and promote other episodes too, if you enjoy them.
Every podcast asks for these things of course, but we believe that it’s particularly important for all of our valued guests to enjoy and promote the message of Crypto Confidence broadly, because we ALL benefit from the network effects of mass adoption. Each new person gaining ‘crypto confidence’ is part of the rising tide which lifts us all.
Thank you for being part of it!
If you think you’d make a great guest for the Crypto Confidence show, please complete this form.
*Those Terms and Conditions in more detail:
The BlockSparks is a for-profit enterprise engaged in the business of producing and marketing the Crypto Confidence Podcast (hereafter ‘Podcast’), as well as merchandising, branding, and creating secondary materials, including derivative works such as books, from the Podcast.
BlockSparks owns and reserves all copyright, trademark, an other intellectual property rights in all of the audio and visual content of the Podcasts, including without limitation the content of each show, the show notes, the graphic image(s) associated with each episode, and each and every tangible and intangible thing to the fullest extent protected by law.
Guest agrees that any rights that the Guest may have in the Podcast or the Guest’s contribution to the Podcast are hereby assigned to BlockSparks and its agents, and assigns that BlockSparks shall be exclusively entitled to use, or to assign or license to others the right to use, the Podcast and any recorded material that includes the Guest without restriction in the media in perpetuity throughout the universe and without liability to the Guest, and the Guest hereby grants any consents required for those purposes. Guest also agrees to allow BlockSparks, and any of its assignees or licensees to use the Guest’s contribution, photograph, Podcast footage, and biographical material to connection not only with the Podcast, but also in any advertising, marketing or publicity for the Podcast and in connection with any secondary, ancillary, or derivative products associated with the Podcast.
Guest understands and acknowledges that the Guest may not reproduce, in whole or in part, any portion of any Podcast, whether or not such portion includes the Guest’s appearance, in any medium without the express written consent of BlockSparks.
Guest is hereby granted the license to use the Podcast logo on social media, including without limitation Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, solely in connection with a working hyperlink or embedded player, to the Podcast episode on which Guest has appeared.
Guest understands that BlockSparks and its employees and agents are relying upon this Agreement in spending time, money and effort on the Podcast and the Guest’s participation in it, and that the Agreement, for this and other reasons, shall be irrevocable.
Guest specifically, but without limitation, waives, and agrees not to bring at any time in the future, any claims against BlockSparks, or against any of its assignees or licensees or anyone associated with the Podcast, that include assertions of (a) infringement of rights of publicity or misappropriation (such as any allegedly improper or unauthorized use of the Guest’s name or likeness or image), (b) intrusion (such as any allegedly offensive behavior or questioning or any invasion of privacy), (c) false light (such as any allegedly false or misleading portrayal of the Guest) (d) infliction of emotional distress (whether allegedly intentional or negligent), (e) breach of any alleged contract (whether the alleged contract is verbal or in writing) (f) allegedly deceptive business or trades practices, (g) copyright or trademark infringement, (h) defamation (such as any allegedly false or misleading statements made on the Podcast), (i) violations of Section 43(a) of the Lanham Act (such as allegedly false or misleading statements or suggestions about the Guest in relation to the Podcast or the Podcast in relation to the Guest), (j) fraud (such as any alleged deception or surprise about the Podcast or the consent agreement), (k) breach of alleged moral rights, or (l) tortuous or wrongful interference with any contracts or business of the Guest.
BlockSparks’ failure fully to assert any of its right(s), or failure to insist on strict performance of any covenant or obligations, regardless of the length of time for which such failure continues, shall not be deemed a waiver of any right, including the right to demand strict compliance in the future. No consent or waiver, express or implied, to or of any default by Guest shall constitute a consent or waiver of any other breach or default in the performance of the same or any other obligation.
This is the entire agreement between the Guest and BlockSparks or anyone else in relation to the Podcast, and the Guest acknowledges that in entering into it, the Guest is not relying upon any promises or statements made by anyone about the nature of the Podcast or the identity of any other Guests or persons involved in the Podcast.